Thursday, October 20, 2005

Musical Finds

So in my usual conquest for good music, I happened across a name that was unfamiliar: Dexter Wansel. If you like really soulful, funky music, I highly recommend his. I also re-kindled my love for Roy Ayers. This guy has got soul coming out of every pore in his body. Not unlike myself. Jaco Pastorious is also a new addition to my repetoire of music. He's basically a god of jazz bass. Incredible sounds this guy produces.

I also really like the new direction John Mayer is heading in with the John Mayer Trio. They do more blues and rock music. I'm glad he's no longer under the pressure of putting out pop music just to stay afloat in the music business. He can venture out into a genre that he enjoys a lot more and still remain very popular and very successful. Hearing and seeing him play with the JM3, it's clear that he's in his element. He's able to improvise more, he's more comfortable, he enjoys the music a lot more. He puts much more of himself into the music. The media doesn't put emphasis on artists that are talented, just the ones that are really popular. Hopefully he doesn't fade out of the spotlight now that he's doing what he wants and not what the record label tells him to do.

I'm really looking foward to the Jamiroquai concert. 17 more days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home